How does Home Schooling work?
At Stonewall Tutor Centre we support Impaq’s comprehensive set of educational products based on the National Senior Certificate (NSC) using the CAPS curriculum for Grade R – 12. The curriculum is designed to enable individualised learning and is used to educate learners in schools and at home.
A tutor provides additional or remedial instruction. All the learning material is provided for in the curriculum. It is important that parents understand that they cannot outsource the direction and supervision of learning to a tutor and that they need to be more involved in monitoring the learning taking place with a tutor.
- Dilys Vinnicombe
- Keegan de Lange
- Kathleen Erasmus
- Amy Winterboer
- Grades R – 3
- Grades 4 – 6
- Grades 7 – 9
- Grades 10 – 12 FET
- Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 14:00
- Friday 08:00 – 12:30
- Closed on public holidays.
- Arrange interview with Dilys email@example.com or 079 898 1423
- Interviews are conducted after 13h30 on week days
2019 Term dates:
- 14 January - 15 March
- 2 April - 14 June
- 9 July - 20 September
- 1 October - 4 December
- Complete Impaq online registration form
- Link learner to D. Vinnicombe, Stonewall Tutor Centre. Registration: H4998
- Parent to pay Impaq directly. (Books will be delivered to your home)
- For grades R – 9, register with the Department of Education – form available from this link.
- Complete and sign the Stonewall Tutor Centre enrolment form & quote and return original copy or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dilys Vinnicombe, Tutor and owner, BA, HDE, SACE Registered 74855, Impaq Registered H4998
- Keegan de Lange, Tutor, BCOM
- Kathleen Erasmus, Tutor, BEd
- Amy Winterboer, Primary School Tutor, Foundation Phase Dip
Legalities relating to the proposed BELA Act
The South African Schools Act no. 84 of 1996 allows parents to elect to educate their own children as an alternative to receiving education from a public or independent school. In terms of the Act, home education is a form of education rendered by a parent to their own child, at the residential home of that child. Parents may use Impaq’s products and services to render home education to their children. Parents may use tutors and extra classes to assist, however the parents remain responsible for their children’s education.